XtremeAir USA 2015 Product Catalog Download (PLEASE CLICK BELOW)
"XtremeAir range hoods have earned their respect and market share in today’s competitive environment thanks to high quality materials used in the construction of hoods"
Stainless Steel Baffle Filters: The most efficient range hood filters.
Many experts in the residential kitchen ventilation system business recommend using stainless steel baffle type filters, rather than the standard aluminum mesh filters and louvered frame. There are several benefits to using the stainless steel baffle type of filter. Baffles are evenly spaced pieces of metal that will direct the airflow as it is drawn into the vent hood. One of the main benefits to the baffle type of filter is that grease vapors can pass through more easily. Baffles will cause the grease vapors to swirl around as they are drawn through, and the grease will eventually settle onto the stainless steel baffles. Because of the heat that is generated from the cook top, the grease vapors that settle onto the baffles will form grease that will drip through the filter frame and not get trapped in the duct work or exhaust fans. This helps to lessen the amount of cleaning required in the ductwork.
Another benefit to using stainless steel baffle filters over aluminum mesh filters is that stainless steel has a higher heat rating. These filters are less likely to be damaged by high heat, which is important in kitchens using certain high temperature cooking appliances, such as grills and fryers. Aluminum filters are rated to handle temperatures from 200 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, while stainless steel baffles can handle temperatures up to 900 degrees.
Finally stainless steel baffle type filters for residential exhaust hoods are more durable than aluminum mesh types of filters. Stainless steel filters are very durable and will not be damaged by high powered dishwashers or scrubbing, while aluminum filters are easily damaged. Stainless steel filters will last far longer.
When designing a residential kitchen ventilation system, choosing the type of filter is the most important part of the process. Stainless steel baffle filters should be the only choice for active kitchen with high volume of grease vapors.
What to Look for when Buying a Stainless Steel Range Hood
- Baffle Filter – is the most important area to consider when buying a range hood. The filter should be easily removable, so that it can be cleaned and maintained at proper intervals. This is because a blocked filter (aluminum filter) will stop the whole system from working. Make sure the filter is either aluminum cassette filter or baffle filter. The aluminum filter is cheap and not durable while the baffle filter is expensive and heavy but very efficient.
- High CFM (cubic feet per minute): Extraction capacity is the power in the machine that pulls out the air within range. Higher CFM will have greater volume of air being exhausted through your range hood.
- Thick and Rust Resistant Hood Body: Make sure the hood body is made of rust resistant stainless steel because a thicker body will:
- Make a stronger hood body
- Reduce the noise
- Be easier to clean
- Have greater durability
- Be less likely to scratch
- Have a sturdy Stylish Appearance
- Multi Speed Sealed Control Panel: – The speed of the fans should be adjustable according to the type of cooking you are doing. If you are cooking a light meal, you will not need to use the system on full power. A sealed control panel protects components from grease build up causing mal-function
- LED Lighting – Cooking area should be well lit so the lighting that the range hood provides is very important. LED lights provide you with better and brighter lighting, energy saving, lights burn cooler, reduced electricity consumption, longer lasting, low heat – Cool to the touch
- Less and easier Maintenance: No filter and aluminum filter models range hoods require disassembly to clean inside the hood body. A baffle filters range hood needs no inside cleaning and baffle filters can be easy cleaned in a dishwasher.
- Heat sentry – Heat sentry is a feature that turns on the range hood whenever it detects any fume or vapor. Because it can save you the hassle of a fire alarm going off accidentally.